This course provides an introductory description and explanation of the major patterns shown by life on earth. Thus this course deals with:
This page provides a single "bird's-eye-view" outline of the entire course.
Course Description, Structure & Resources.
This page is where the course details are laid out. Visit it to find:
- an explanation of the course's goals;
- an outline of the principles that underlie its organization;
- a sequence of lecture topics, and links to lecture slide presentations;
- a description and schedule of the tutorial topics;
- sample mid-term exam questions and the date, time & location of the mid-term exam
(you can go directly to this information by using the link immediately below);
- a list of resources.
Links to other useful websites
The Web has a wonderful diversity of sites which handle aspects of biotic diversity and the patterns it displays. Go here to find your way to pictures of all sorts of organisms, phylogenetic diagrams, maps and suchlike.......