CSS Layout Samples
I've provided you these layouts for your own use -- in the tutorials, exercises, and even your final projects -- in the hopes of making things run a bit smoother. They are all in the current standard (HTML5).
How to download them:
- Click on the layout you want (2 or 3 column) and then right-click.
- Either "Save as" (chrome) or "Save Page As" (Firefox).
- In the pulldown underneath the file name, change to "Web page, html only".
- I'd save the file with a name that is going to be helpful to remember for your work (eg: exercise2.html or usingcss.html)
If you're using a page with an external style sheet, remember that you'll need to save that as well.
- Click on the link that says "Click here for the CSS file".
- When you're on that page, right-click and "save as" or "save page as". (The right file type should come up automatically, unless you're using Microsoft IE, then lord help you.)
Embedded Style Sheets
- Two columns, fixed (980 px)
- Two columns, liquid (80%)
- Three columns, fixed (980 px)
- Three columns, liquid (80%)